Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ready? Get set - GO!

It’s a clear sign that when a blog writer is MIA for a lengthy period of entry writing time, they are probably very busy and indeed I am. Admittedly, I started this blog a few months ago when I had plenty of time and was generally bored out of my mind! Now-a-days I'm preparing to fulfill the original intent of my travelstring by packing up everything I own in one way or another, and embarking on a new path in a different country with new people to meet and new experiences to gain!

Which leads me to the question I hear almost everyday now: are you packed? People started asking me if I was packed about a month ago - to which I thought "am I supposed to be packed a month in advance?" and "when are people supposed to start packing when they're leaving the country for 5 months?"

Today, my answer is YES - I have officially started packing and it is in fact a process worth writing about!

Tips for big moves & lengthy departures:

1. 20 Gallon Tupperware Bins & 1 Gallon Glad Storage Bags are awesome!

2. Dictating help is the way to go - I learned that the hard way the last time I moved.

3. Take advantage of your time by starting early.

4. Get rid of anything you can live without for 6 months.

5. Pack smartly & stick to your to-do list!

At the end of this process I will be 40lbs lighter on the ‘stuff scale’, and ready to live freely on as little as possible…we’ll see how long I can keep this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment